Weddings are sacred ceremonies. They are also celebrations. You and your guests will want to have a lively time on the dance floor to express the joy of your wedding day. A good band or versatile DJ will reach out to all ages and musical tastes, with showmanship and energy to keep the party in high gear. Make song choices before your wedding day. Give a copy of these choices to your musicians and DJs so they can plan accordingly. Include those songs that you do not want to hear that day. Also think about who you want to emcee the event; inform the DJ of these assignments as well.
Questions To Ask
• What packages do you offer? What do they include?
• May I see your references and a demo CD?
• May I see you perform at an event or bridal show?
• Is a variety of music offered for selection?
• If I provide you with a list of songs, will you play them? Are you able to get sheet music for any pieces I want played?
• Can we control the volume of the music?
• How will you and other musicians be dressed?
• How long do you play and how many breaks do you take?
• How long will you need to prepare or set up?
• Will you be able to act as master of ceremonies?
• When do you begin charging overtime?
• How far in advance must I book your services?
• What is your cancellation policy?
• Is a deposit required? If so, when and how much?
- Top Wedding Planning Apps (whiteflash.com)