Your wedding cake is the edible centerpiece of your wedding reception. When meeting with your cake designer, bring photographs of cakes you love or fabric swatches of your color scheme to help them design the perfect cake for you.
Many couples also order a groom’s cake. This is often designed to reflect a particular hobby or personality trait of the groom, and can be a true work of edible art. If you’re having a large reception, consider ordering additional sheet cakes. And finally, your baker should not only be accustomed to making wedding cakes, but also skilled at transporting and assembling them.
Questions To Ask
• Do you specialize in any certain styles or flavors?
• Do you recommend a certain type of cake for an outdoor or seasonal reception?
• Can you custom create a wedding or groom’s cake from a photograph or idea?
• Can you match the cake colors to fabric swatches or flowers?
• Can you create individual cakes to be used as favors?
• Can you create specialized cakes for certain dietary needs?
• Do you offer a tasting?
• How much time do you need to prepare the cake at the reception?
• Do you offer instruction on how to cut the cake?
• Will you supply a proper container in which to freeze the top of the cake?
• Will you charge for any supports or bases on the cake?
• May I return the supports and bases for a refund? When?
• Are the cakes priced by the slice or by the cake? Do you have a price list?
• How far in advance must I book your services?
• What is your cancellation policy?
• Is a deposit required? If so, when and how much?
- Last Wedding Cake of the Season (brownsugarcustomcakes.wordpress.com)