If you’re planning a wedding, you already know the Internet is a great resource. There’s a new player in the online wedding game, and it’s quickly becoming one of the most popular – Pinterest. On Pinterest.com, you can grab photos … Continue reading
Yosemite Rafting & Water Sports
We are so lucky to live and work near one of America’s most beautiful national parks. Here we share some warm weather activities to look forward to during your visit!
Stay cool on a warm day by spending some time down by the water. Whether you’re serious about fishing, or just serious about fun, the many rivers and lakes in Yosemite can provide just the right source of recreation.
Whether you are interested in lounging by the river or splashing at one of our swimming pools, at Yosemite, swimming is a restful and refreshing way to spend an afternoon.
The Park has spectacular fishing in both the front and backcountry. Yosemite Fishing licenses are available at select locations within the park.
- What’s In A Name? – Yosemite National Park (paradisespringsmountain.wordpress.com)
- Yosemite, Day 1, The Floor and Mist Trails. (ruairicassidy.wordpress.com)
- Yosemite sequoia grove to receive $24M restoration (sacbee.com)
- Yosemite Dazzling Visitors with Fall Color and Snow (prweb.com)
Contact Debby Wood, Paradise Springs Sales & Marketing Manager @ 559.642.2613 for more information. Family & Friends in Paradise… Whether you’re having a Family Reunion or a much needed Friends Getaway, Paradise Springs is the perfect place for your gathering. … Continue reading
Written by Anne Driscoll for Paradise Springs FAMILY & FRIENDS IN PARADISE… Whether you’re having a Family Reunion or a much needed Friends Getaway, Paradise Springs is the perfect place for your gathering. Paradise Springs is located between Oakhurst and … Continue reading
On your wedding day, nothing sets the mood, stirs the emotions or touches the heart more than music. From the solemn, beautiful sounds of the ceremony, to the background melodies of the cocktail hour, to the lively dance tunes that … Continue reading
Planning on attending our bridal show in April? Here’s just one of the awesome prizes!
One FREE Bridal package courtesy of M by Mickie: Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions including professional MAKE-UP and HAIR services for trial session and day of wedding. Package valued at $500. (travel fee may apply, Bride only, must be getting married at Paradise Springs)
7 Night Hawaii Trip w/ discounted airfare Courtesy of Rev. Autrey and Donna Nassar of Yosemite Weddings
Video Montage courtesy of Haro Entertainment http://www.haroent.com/
and… a Grand Prize Wedding Package Courtesy of Paradise Springs!
Table & Chair Rentals (table linens not included) (20) 60″ white round tables, seating for 8 people – $7.50 (20) 6′ white rectangle tables – $7.50 each (4) 4′ white rectangle tables – $6.50 each (160) White Folding Chairs – … Continue reading
Your family gathering will be a memorable event. It’s also the perfect time to explore and preserve your family’s history and traditions. You can capture the memories in many ways including photographs, video recordings, video heirlooms and scrapbooks. Group Photos … Continue reading
Family reunions can be uplifting, rewarding and worthwhile. They can span generations and strengthen kinship. With a little organization and help from some of your relatives, holding a successful family reunion doesn’t have to be a lot of work.
1 year before the event:
- Confirm interest from family members.
- Form committees.
- Create a timeline and checklist.
- Decide what type of reunion you want.
- Pick a date.
- Pick a location and reserve the site (if necessary).
- Establish a mailing list.
- Send out “save-the-date” cards.
- Establish a budget and decide how the gathering will be financed.
- Plan a theme.
- Delegate responsibilities to committees.
- Plan food. Reserve caterer (if required).
- Start defining games and activities for the gathering.
- Begin compiling family history or family directory for distribution at the event, if desired.
- Send out the first invitation or family reunion newsletter including details on date, location, lodging, transportation, cost and any other relevant information for your gathering. Also be sure to include RSVP information.
- Determine and reserve needed equipment (tents, barbecue cookers, tables, etc.).
- Determine supplies to be purchased (food, paper plates, first aid supplies, etc.).
- Begin design and production of T-shirt, hat or other apparel for the gathering, if desired.
- Send out reminder invitations or follow-up newsletter.
- Identify and invite family members who may have been overlooked before.
- Determine the decorations that will reinforce the theme at the event.
- Reserve lodging for out-of-towners who request it.
- Send out reminder invitations or follow-up newsletter.
- Purchase required nonperishables. Arrange for their storage and delivery to the site.
- Coordinate the bringing of potluck dishes/foods (if applicable).
- Finalize list of expected attendees.
- Adjust food quantities and supplies accordingly.
- Arrange transportation for out-of-towners (if applicable).
- Check in with committees to finalize plans.
- Make final contacts with family members to ensure attendance.
- Prepare reminder list for last-minute details.
- Buy perishable foods and begin preparation.
- Make sure equipment is delivered and set up.
- Pick up arriving out-of-towners (if applicable).
- Set up decorations.
- Keep your camera close by and take lots of photographs and video.
- Take care of any last-minute concerns that can be handled, and ignore the rest.
- Most important of all: enjoy!
- Coordinate cleanup and return of equipment.
- Make copies of photos, videos and family trees and distribute as requested.
- Congratulate yourself for a job well done.
- Vow never to do it again. Then immediately start planning your next family gathering!
- Pick a committee chair and determine date and timing of next reunion.
Plan a theme A themecan serve as a rallying cry. Use it in all communications about the reunion to create consistency, excitement and a sense of belonging. Themes are limited only by your imagination. Plan your food Having the right … Continue reading